Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sport Mode Practice With My Spark

shawnski451

Join
Dec 3, 2017
I went to Buffalo NY's Small Boat Harbor to sharpen some of my DJI Spark "Sport Mode" flying skills a couple of years ago and forgot that I had this cached footage still on my old phone. I have no idea what I did with the original video... I just went with what I had and threw this together with some music. The grainy cached video combined with smoke from a Canadian wild fire kind of creates a unique look ( I remember being able to look right at the sun). Anyways... not the best quality video , but still fun to watch. Hope You enjoy it.

( Please set quality to 1080 in YouTube settings)

Last edited:
I went to Buffalo NY's Small Boat Harbor to sharpen some of my DJI Spark "Sport Mode" flying skills a couple of years ago and forgot that I had this cached footage still on my old phone. I have no idea what I did with the original video... I just went with what I had and threw this together with some music. The grainy cached video combined with smoke from a Canadian wild fire kind of creates a unique look ( I remember being able to look right at the sun). Anyways... not the best quality video , but still fun to watch. Hope You enjoy it.

I enjoyed this video, which does have a unique look. It was fun! Thanks for posting. Many ducks there, and looks like a nasty old processing plant on the spit.

Reactions: shawnski451
Great stuff and very well shot. Presume all “freehand”. What happened at 2.42? The exposure allowed the whole scenery to brighten up. Nice to see Spark up and running. Mine still as out of box and performs really well.

Nice!

Great stuff and very well shot. Presume all “freehand”. What happened at 2.42? The exposure allowed the whole scenery to brighten up. Nice to see Spark up and running. Mine still as out of box and performs really well.
Yeah, Getting some free hand practice. I think I switched it back over to sport mode when It tipped down.

How do you get your panning so smooth? How did you do it when you focused on the sail boat and circled him

Well, that's exactly what I was working on particular that day. I think I may have made some adj in the controller settings but I was really trying to get a good feel for how the Spark reacted to my controller inputs. If ya get a chance, I recommend finding a wide open area and practice flying the Spark (in sport mode) laterally in an orbit around a fixed object while trying to keep it centered in the screen using yaw and the camera gimbal control wheel . Dedicate a fully charged battery to this exercise. You'll develop a feel for how the drone reacts and make adjustments as it orbits. It will become 2nd nature the more you practice. Oh yeah, watch out for objects such as trees and building while doing this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rowan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast