Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Batteries not charging

rbaroncpd

Join
Nov 23, 2023
Hi all,

I purchased my DJI Sparky in March of 2018. I flew it once and was very happy with the results. I had some health issues and l left it alone in the box until now. I decided to pull it out of the box again, charge the batteries, and start flying.

That's where the problem for me starts. It seems I can't get the batteries to charge. Have they died? I saw another post where a guy said "After I ruined my batteries by not charging them...." Did I ruin my batteries?

Any help will be appreciated.

After plugging in the charger the 1st light comes on, then the second, they blink.... stop then repeat a few times then nothing.

Thanks much.....

Hey rbaroncpd,

Sorry to hear about your battery problem. The battery (s) have sat too long and the battery management system has shut down. There is hope and lots of information on you-tube on how to revive the battery. Here is one:

It's really easy to do if you have the necessary stuff. You can get the digital interface board from Amazon and make a simple connection to the battery or you can get a battery interface board from AliExpress. The vendor on AliExpress has several battery interface boards available. Be sure to select the one for the DJI Mini this adaptor will also fit the Spark battery.

The digital interface is also available from AliExpress just look at the further down the page on the above link. The price is better than Amazon but there is a wait time.

When viewing the you-tube link there will be multiple links following.

Good luck,
~ Bill

Thanks much for the help. I am not that technical to do something like that. I just went ahead and bought two new batteries and set up reminders for me to charge them at least every two months.

Thanks again.....

I understand. I'm glad your health issues have improved and you are back to flying. I too have not been flying much due to other commitments. With the exception of flying above the house to check the upstairs gutters to see if they needed cleaning.

If you are going to dispose of the batteries and live in the USA and willing to pack them up for shipping I would love to take them off your hands. I will send you the cost of the postage via PayPal. If you pay the postage both ways I would be willing to attempt to revive your packs and ship them back to you. However new batteries are always a safer/better choice for a dependable power source.

I live in Morgan Hill, CA.

Take care,
~Bill

Thanks much for the help. I am not that technical to do something like that. I just went ahead and bought two new batteries and set up reminders for me to charge them at least every two months.

Thanks again.....
Look up Spark Battery Repair on eBay. A vendor there will tackle the job on your old Spark batteries (one vendor has a 90% restoration success rate, if he fails you get a refund...read his details) at around $30 each, plus shipping both ways.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast